Ascentist Healthcare is a physician-led, team-focused, progressive organization committed to exceptional patient care and a dynamic, employee-centric environment. With more than 15 facilities across the KC Metro area, our practices include a variety of specialties such as ENT, pain, sleep, pulmonology, orthopedic, podiatry, plastics, audiology, speech pathology, and infectious disease, just to name a few. Our hospital is located in Leawood, KS, along with our corporate offices and several clinics.
If you’re interested in being a part of a progressive, team-focused, physician-led organization committed to personalized and exceptional patient care and genuine care for employees, Ascentist Healthcare could be the place for you.
We’re growing our healthcare practices across the Kansas City area and we’re looking for an experienced recruiter with a passion for college and technical recruiting who wants to help build Ascentist Healthcare’s talent acquisiton programs. If you’re motivated, loyal, passionate, and love recruiting, check out our Senior Recruiter opportunity, which will be based at our Leawood, KS offices.
In this role, you’ll build and maintain Ascentist Healthcare talent acquisition program including building relationships with colleges, universities and Allied Health programs to identify, source, interview, and hire healthcare talent. You’ll also plan and attend recruitment events, leverage sourcing and our HRIS system, and partner with the management team to deliver high quality talent for a wide array of positions including nurses, medical assistants, scrub technicians, corporate functions, and other positions as assigned to grow our business.
You’ll also perform a variety of tasks in support of daily operations, including but not limited to:
- Builds Ascentist Healthcare talent acquisition program, leveraging multiple strategies to attract, hire and retain quality candidates for our growing business
- Collaborate with hiring managers to learn each position, the qualifications and the desirables for each
- Post, update, and coordinate with job boards to ensure all active jobs are posted and actively reviewed
- Communicate timely updates and manage expectations between all partners including temp agency contacts, job board contacts, hiring managers, and other vendors
- Foster effective partnerships and build trust and collaboration with hiring managers and leadership across the organization
- Meets and exceeds talent acquisition goals and objectives
- Plan and implement all sourcing strategies, leveraging all available databases, job boards, internet searches, referral campaigns, and on campus recruiting opportunities
- Source qualified candidates by using a variety of resources and technology, including management of email and social media campaigns to promote Ascentist Healthcare opportunities
- Review and screen candidate profiles, conduct phone and/or onsite interviews, and provide a review of the candidate to the hiring manager(s)
- May coordinate, schedule, and/or participate in onsite interviews with the management team
- Leverage compensation data to collaborate with hiring managers on offers for qualified candidates
- Extend offer verbally and in writing, and set up the employee for background check and drug screening upon acceptance
- May assist with onboarding of new employee hires, including presentation of New Employee Orientation and ensuring creation and maintenance of new hire documentation/records
- Assist in ensuring all employee documentation/personnel files are kept current and accurate
- Produce and submit reports on talent acquisition activity
- Assist with other HR related tasks as needed including creation, maintenance and enforcement of Talent Acquisition policies and procedures
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational talent acquisition workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship between HR and health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Participates in applicable meetings as well as professional development activities.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements including OSHA, HIPAA, Ascentist Policies and Procedures and Ascentist Employee Handbook.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned/necessary.
- Qualified canddiates will have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of four years equivalent Talent Acquisition experience, plus a minimum of three years experience in technical or healthcare recruitment. Other key qualifications include:
- Demonstrates proven knowledge of talent acquisition principles and federal/local regulations through questions, discussions and completed tasks and/or willingness to learn federal/local regulations
- Must possess experience and efficiency in collaborating with leaders across the organization with diverse backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of sourcing strategies and a proven track record of hiring qualified candidates in a timely manner
- Previous work experience using Paychex ATS, or another similar ATS (Paycom, SuccessFactors, Paylocity, ADP, etc.)
- Demonstrates proven verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in accountability, dependability, reliability, flexibility, discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team
- Demonstrates proven time management, leadership, and management skills with the ability to remain calm, effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks while ensuring attention to detail, accuracy, quality, and meeting assigned deadlines
- Ability to learn and understand Ascentist policies and procedures and work within those guidelines in performance of essential functions
- Demonstrates ownership, accountability, motivation, strong work ethic, a positive attitude and enjoyment for working with candidates and colleagues across the organization
- Demonstrates effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with providers, patients, and team members.
- Demonstrates friendly, personal, and timely customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a positive, courteous demeanor with all colleagues, vendors, and candidates
- Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use general office equipment including phones, fax machines, copiers, and other similar office technology on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to always exercise discretion and confidentiality in all areas of human resources
- Demonstrated ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Understanding of and ability to comply with all regulatory requirements including OSHA, HIPAA, Ascentist Policies and Procedures and Ascentist Employee Handbook
- Candidates with previous healthcare recruitment experience and/or experience working with managers across multiple locations are preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to recognize potentially hazardous situations and respond in a calm manner
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis
- Vision must be corrected to near 20/20
- Hearing must be in normal range, or corrected to the normal or near normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- No special uniform or protective equipment is required.
- Hazardous materials exposure is minimal and limited to normal office supplies.
At Ascentist Healthcare, we believe in taking care of our people. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package including a 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental and vision benefits plus other options to benefit you and your family such as Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness, and Short- & Long-Term Disability. Ready to be a part of a progressive, patient focused organization. Apply today to join the Ascentist team!
Ascentist Healthcare is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.