Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Payroll and Benefits Manager will:
- Maintain accurate employee records within company systems including confidential information.
- Ensure the accurate reflection of employee timecards and resulting bi-weekly payroll.
- Train supervisors as necessary to ensure their compliance with company policies and department procedures.
- Track external trends and national data regarding starting wage, annual COLA, etc.
- Annually review and make recommendations for improvement of the organization’ policies.
- Create job requisitions, work with external partners (i.e., Indeed) to improve efficiency and results.
- Maintain and recommend changes as necessary to internal procedures regarding interviewing and hiring best practices.
- Keep company employee roster and organization chart up to date.
- Perform background checks, call references for new hires; conduct exit interviews with those leaving.
- Lead contact for external organizations and employees regarding Workman’s Compensation claims, Family and Medical Leave Act, Short-term Disability, and retirement benefits.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations and agency policy regarding personal data.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or human resources.
- 5+ years of experience within payroll and benefits department.
- Knowledge of ADP processes and reporting is vital to the success of this role.
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently, but always willing to assist a colleague.
- Personable and patient; good communicator; can plan and stay focused while juggling multiple tasks.
- Confidence/knowledge to improve processes, develop company policies in areas related to this role.
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Formal interest accepted here or direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Jonna Brandel, Human Resource Consultant
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.