The Senior Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for managing operational and administration functions supporting the Human Resources Department. Primary duties include the new-hire onboarding process, leave management, ADA requests, and offboarding. This position assists the other functions in HR including but not limited to unemployment claims, employment verifications, compliance management, and special projects.
- Onboarding Processing
- Serves as the subject matter expert of the life-cycle onboarding process for new hires and internal transfers. Guides employee to ensure all required medical record documentation, background screening, and client compliance training and documentation is completed. Generates and follows up on offer letters and HRIS onboarding process. Completes hiring process in HRIS system to ensure proper FLSA status, salary and tax handling, and additional administrative notes are accurately entered. Completes Forms I-9 and E-verify process. Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and periodically audits Forms I-9. Coordinates new hire training schedules guided by the training team and hiring manager including client-site orientation, e-learning, and job shadowing. Creates and maintains electronic employee files and corresponding documentation as dictated by governing agencies while maintaining high standards of confidentiality. Maintains regular contact with new and existing clients and/or hiring managers to maintain accurate client-specific onboarding requirements and training expectations. Delivers high-quality service to clients, candidates, and Lockton partners by responding timely and professionally in all interactions.
- Leave Management, ADA Accommodations, Employee Relations
- Manages employee leave of absence, ADA, and military leave requests. Follows applicable FMLA and ADA regulations as well as company leave policy. Administers and processes all appropriate documentation for leave requests, communicates leave dates to supervisor, Lockton, and client team, and updates necessary systems when a leave begins and ends. Obtains and assesses employee’s release to work and/or coordinates requested accommodations. Begins the Interactive Process for ADA requests, and reviews accommodations with management team.
- Offboarding Processing
- Serves as main point of contact for offboarding employees from the organization. Works closely with department heads, client contacts, and Lockton partners when applicable as it relates to notifications and coordinating the separation. Guides employee to ensure all required equipment and materials are fully recovered and returned. Conducts timely exit interviews and gathers employee feedback to share as appropriate. Administers final separation steps following state-specific requirements in regards to pay and separation letters. Delivers high-quality service to clients, separating employees, and Lockton partners by responding timely and professionally in all interactions. Remains separating employees’ main point of contact for ongoing questions.
- Compliance Management
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identifies trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interprets appropriate laws and policies and advises management and employees accordingly.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of required reporting. Prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Maintains federal and state employment law posters.
- Other Generalist Responsibilities
- Manages the unemployment claims processing, as required. Regularly participates in weekly recruitment, and other team meetings. Serves as project coordinator, as assigned.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, human resources, or relatable field of study
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated service experience. Ability to interface and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to organize work in order to achieve critical and defined deadlines.
- Professional experience problem solving in a self-directed decision making environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills and highly detail oriented experiences in following strict laws and regulations.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience utilizing varied HRIS systems.
- Professional HR experience in employee relations and/or performance management.
- Human Resources certification.