Weâ€™re looking for future-minded associates with a proven record of service to promote our exciting and challenging work environment. Through comprehensive programs â€“ wellness, benefits, payroll, recruitment and talent management and training â€“ we not only achieve the goals of our organization, but also support one of our most valuable assets: our associates. If you love people and are committed to attracting, hiring, motivating, training and retaining the best to provide the best, then give us a call.
Garmin’s HR team is seeking a full time University Relations Recruiter for our team at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS. As a University Relations Recruiter, youâ€™ll proactively partner with stakeholders and hiring managers to recruit, interview and hire entry level technical candidates and create and foster relationships with universities in order to hire high quality candidates.Â
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Plan and attend recruitment events such as university job fairs, interview days, info sessions, and other activities
- Inspire and engage candidates by sharing information about Garmin’s culture, jobs, benefits and growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain a network of university contacts including students, faculty, and student organizations to identify and source qualified candidates
- Work collaboratively with university recruitment staff to suggest, coordinate, and attend creative and innovative college recruitment events, practices and programs
- Develop and build relationships with internal stakeholders and work proactively to recruit and hire top notch candidates, ensuring an exemplary customer service experience for business partners
- Assist in planning and execution of Garmin’s internship program
- Ensure accurate, complete and thorough documentation and tracking for each candidate in Garmin’s ATS
- Conduct candidate searches using job boards, social media, networks, and ATS to connect with and develop candidate interest in job opportunities
- Exemplify superior service by achieving annual hiring goals
- Understand and apply learned knowledge of HR related legislation and Garmin policies in performance of essential functions
- Apply a sense of urgency and prioritize goals
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply Garmin’s Mission, Vision, Values & Quality Policy and exhibit a desire to see Garmin succeed
- Participate in other assigned HR projects as needed
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor or Masters degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or another substantially similar discipline. Other requirements include:
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Demonstrate aptitude to learn and effectively apply knowledge of HR practices, processes, programs and technology
- Demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a desire to achieve recruitment and retention goals
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational and follow up skills
- Must demonstrate the capability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding business and Human Resources matters
Qualified candidates will also possess excellent presentation skills and possess public speaking experience, demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and possess the ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
Candidates with previous experience in university recruitment, technical recruitment and/or intern program management are preferred!
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Â Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteranâ€™s status, age or disability.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply for this position.