Smith & Loveless, Inc. is looking for a Technical Recruiter who is experienced with sourcing candidates in technical and non-technical roles for union and non-union positions within a custom manufacturer in Lenexa, KS.
Smith & Loveless, Inc. is known globally for engineering and manufacturing of water and wastewater transfer and treatment systems. We match engineering expertise with product ingenuity to maximize the investment. We are a Lenexa, KS-based company with over 70 successful years, serving the Industrial, Municipal, and International marketplace.
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting across the organization to include office, engineering, other technical roles, and industrial manufacturing and production roles. The process will span from position approval to background investigations to include strategic sourcing, job posting, job description writing, screening, interviewing, presenting offers and background checks.
- Develops recruiting strategies to meet staffing needs.
- Selects candidates and recommend hiring decisions.
- Utilize a broad range of recruitment sources (Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) to meet staffing requirements.
- Effectively use the company’s ATS (BirddogHR) to post positions and track candidate progress.
- Identify potential sources for recruiting candidates through job fairs, associations, community organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, military transition centers, vocational/technical schools, colleges, and universities.
- Develop ongoing effective relationships that will result in increased applicant flow.
- Conduct pre-screen phone interviews.Â Schedule in-person interviews between candidates and managers.Â
- Facilitate and be present for interviews to greet candidates, answer questions and present company information.Â
- Complete all required paperwork for new hires.
- Complete background checks, drug screens, alcohol screens, pre-employment physical and new hire starter kits.
- Create hiring requests and update job descriptions to ensure appropriate selection criteria are established for each open position.
- Work with the hiring managers to create a training plan for each newly hired position as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4 years of previous experience as a Recruiter – sourcing, posting, screening, interviewing, etc.
- College degree or relevant experience with at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience using ATS systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong with MS Outlook and Excel.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in both corporate recruiting and agency recruiting preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing and union hiring.
- Experience with BirddogHR
College degree or relevant experience with at least a high school diploma or GED.
Normal office environment. Must be able to walk, sit, stand and climb stairs on a regular basis.
ï»¿We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical InsuranceÂ
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick/Personal Time
- Annual Bonus
- 401K w/MatchÂ Â
A Great Place for Your Career
For over 70 years, Smith & Loveless has cutting-edge environmental engineering ingenuity and quality craftsmanship to the water industry by pioneering superior pre-engineeredÂ pumping,Â treatmentÂ and headworksÂ systems. Smith & Loveless’ pre-engineered water and wastewater treatment and pumping systems have paved the way for municipalities, developments, industry, governmental, and military facilities. Smith & Loveless’ energy-efficient and durable systems deliver unrivaled life-cycle cost savings.Â Â
A true pioneer in the water and wastewater pumping industry, Smith & Loveless manufactures cost-effective, operator safe and efficient pump stations for municipal and industrial applications across the globe. Smith & Loveless maintains market leadership in lift station design and manufacturing, grit removal systems for municipal headworks and industrial process streams, and a complete range of wastewater treatment systems. We have tens of thousands of installations in more than 70 nations on all seven continents.
Be a part of the Smith & Loveless team, which develops smarter and more efficient ways to solve the world’s environmental challenges. Based in metropolitan Kansas City, with offices and affiliates in suburban Denver, Los Angeles, Atlanta, London, and Auckland, we design, engineer, manufacture, install, and service industry-leading solutions for the transfer, purification, and conservation of our worldâ€™s most precious resource, water.
Our world headquarters are located in Lenexa, Kansas, a convenient drive from anywhere in the Kansas City area.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Apply at: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/480684?source=EPNKC