Pembroke Hill, an independent school located in Kansas City that serves students age 2 through 12th grade. There are approximately 1,200 students and over 200 employees. We are dedicated to helping our students achieve educational excellence while guiding them to become individuals of character who believe that they can and do make a difference in our school community and the community beyond Pembroke Hill.
We are proud of our diverse community that includes individuals who represent all geographic, ethnic, religious and socio-economic sectors. It is this diversity that makes us strong and provides the school with many opportunities for wonderful discussions, insights and understanding.
We are searching for a part-time talent recruiter who will work year-round to recruit, and assist in the onboarding and orientation of faculty and staff.
The responsibilities of the Talent Recruiter are to ensure our School attracts and grows a strong and diverse talent pipeline using various sources, like social media networks, university career offices, job fairs, job boards, employee referrals, etc. Sorts through applicants and conducts pre-screening interviews to assess applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suited open positions. Coordinates a successful initial employment onboarding process.
• Assists in the design and implementation of the overall recruiting strategy
• Attract, source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, job boards, PHS website, etc
• Conduct prescreening interviews and filtering candidates for open positions
• Create and update job postings, including requirements and job descriptions in coordination with administrators
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards & sites/colleges etc
• Screen candidate resumes and job applications
• Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates to assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills experience and aptitudes
• Schedule interviews for appropriate departmental personnel
• Conduct reference checks for candidates being considered
• Coordinate onboarding with background screening and employment paperwork
• Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices, following legal and best practices.
• Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the administrative team
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
• Promote school’s reputation as “best place to work”
• Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Coordinates the job posting and advertisement processes.
• Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager and HR Director during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills
- • Bachelors degree, preferably in HR Management or equivalent work experience
• Hands-on experience with various selection processes (in-person interviewing, phone interviewing, reference checking etc)
• Proven ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles; using multiple recruitment avenues including but not limited to social media, job boards & sites, connection with colleges and universities to attract candidates to interview
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and in writing
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
• Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.