Rally House is a specialty retail store that carries all things local! We are looking for people who are enjoy working for a growing organization, as we currently operate 180+ stores nationwide, with many more to come! You will enjoy an exclusive store discount when you join our team, as well as a competitive benefits package with flexible PTO, 401k match, parental leave, paid holidays, and continued career development opportunities as we grow beyond 200 stores! We don’t just provide jobs, we provide careers.
The Benefits and Compensation Administrator is responsible for the administration and management of Rally House’s total rewards program, including compensation, team member benefit and leave programs. This position reports to the Vice President of Talent and Organizational Development and works closely with other members of the Human Resources and Payroll team, as well as with executives and managers across the organization.
This position will oversee responsibilities related to compensation such as designing, implementing, and managing competitive compensation strategies to attract and retain top talent. This position involves analyzing market trends, leading compensation initiatives, and collaborating with various departments to ensure a fair and competitive compensation structure correlated with the job duties.
This position will oversee responsibilities related to benefits such as all medical offerings, 401(k) retirement, leave policies, disability accommodations, wellness programs, workers compensation, and many other areas that pertain to the health and wellness of employees. The Benefits and Compensation Administrator will become an expert about Rally House employee benefits, so that they can be fully prepared to answer employee questions and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Additional responsibilities may also include performance management, leave management, HRMS administration, policy implementation and employment law compliance, as well as managing other projects and priorities as assigned.
- Performance Metrics & Analytics; visualize, enhance, and maintain key compensation data. Analyzes pay equity and compliance monitoring. Recommend adjustments and corrections where applicable to minimize exposure and liability
- Market Research, Benchmarking & Analysis; Create and maintain wage scales by market for critical roles within the company
- Merit & Incentive Pay Program Maintenance & Administration; Supports the planning, administration, execution, and communication of compensation programs
- Leads the administrative processes related to the creation and on-going maintenance of job descriptions/profiles; ensures job benchmarking/evaluation, ensures compensation plans fit the job duties, conducts FLSA review to ensure compliance
- Participates in salary surveys, interpret salary data and performs analysis of jobs descriptions, base salaries, to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of pay practices. Collaborates with leadership to implement and administer compensation structures for new and existing positions
- Supports performance review process as it pertains to merit increase consideration
- Perform regular evaluations of existing compensation practices, policies and guidelines
- Design and maintain models to evaluate performance and compensation of similar roles within and across markets to ensure pay equity based on relevant and measurable factors
- Manages specific projects as determined within HR and participates in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations. Appropriately implements controls in processes and procedures to mitigate risk
Skills & Knowledge
Ability to identify and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute communications strategies, Excellent organization skills with the ability to plan and execute tasks efficiently, Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook., Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Superior communication skills both written and verbal, that communicate clear, effective messages
Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in human resources or business administration; Minimum of five years of related experience in compensation and benefits required with three years of experience administering compensation programs including managing jobs, market pricing, salary structure, and compensation analysis.
PHR/SHRM-CP or compensation/benefits certifications preferred; Knowledge of ACA compliance and end of year reporting; Knowledge of federal, local and state employment laws, and general human resources policies and procedures; Experience in HRMS administration and application tracking system; experience with Workday HCM including compensation, benefits and onboarding is preferred.
Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to lift and small carry parcels, packages and other items up to 25lbs, and to walk short distances.