The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We offer more options for patients with serious conditions because of our expertise and leadership in medical research and education. Our physicians are researchers and educators expanding the boundaries of medical knowledge. Their major breakthroughs lead to the life-changing treatments and technologies of the future.
The System Director – Talent Acquisition is responsible for the talent acquisition/human capital needs for the health system. The Director will develop, organize and execute business plans to achieve annual talent acquisition goals. Directing an effective recruitment and employment function that produces high levels of customer service, credibility and satisfaction will be essential to the role. The Director will anticipate needs, forecast staffing shortages and formulate proactive short- and long-term strategies to meet the needs of the health system. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of recruitment best practices, current technology, social media, metrics and analytics are essential to this role.
- Leading a Talent Acquisition and Recruitment team to meet the staffing needs of the organization.
- Strategic planning to minimize resource gaps, set priorities and provide solutions to the organization.
- Designs and implements talent acquisition strategy that impacts strategic health care operations.
- Coaching leaders on best practices for talent acquisition attraction, selecting, onboarding, and retaining human capital.
- Adapting and leveraging multiple talent acquisition mediums that align with the needs and culture of the health system.
- Identifying, building, and sustaining technology for best practice talent acquisition and recruitment.
- Identifying and ensuring the use of sourcing strategies for all system human capital needs.
- Showing accountability by building and reporting on measures and outcomes for continuous improvement in recruitment processes, hiring decisions, and quality of hire.
- Positioning talent acquisition to provide positive candidate experiences and a sustainable pipeline of talent for key positions.
- Talent acquisition planning, examining, and providing support for business alignment and workforce planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field of study
Seven years of experience in Human Resources
- Five years of management/leadership experience with significant experience in talent acquisition
- Expertise in talent acquisition, healthcare workforce trends/future projections, and workforce supply solutions
Ability to demonstrate a strategic perspective, problem-solve and analyze, maintain confidential information
- Ability to drive strategy, work with data and analytics, and demonstrated capability in effective and creative recruiting and sourcing strategies
- Experience in building collaborative working relationships and facilitating groups
- Experience with organizational change and project/program development
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities
- Ability to use effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communications
- Solid business and financial acumen, systems thinking and critical problem solving at scale
- Exceptional and effective partnership across broad audiences of internal and external partners, stakeholders, and customers
- Graduate Degree (extensive experience and work in the HR field could substitute for the graduate degree) in Human Resources or a related field of study strongly preferred
- Professional certifications – PHR/SPHR/CCP/CBP strongly preferred
- Four years of Talent Acquisition experience in a large hospital system preferred
- Three years of management/leadership experience in a large hospital system preferred