OMNI is honored to have been retained by QC Holdings Companies (QCHI) in the search and selection for a Payroll Manager which has overall responsibility for effective execution of the payroll process for a 550+ employee organization.
QCHI is an industry leading customer-focused provider of convenient financial solutions that meet the needs of mainstream consumers and specializes in alternative financial services with a keen focus on credit solutions for consumers and small business underserved by traditional banking institutions. QCHI originated in 1984 and is based in Lenexa, KS with over 200 locations across 11 states and operations in Canada.
QCHI is seeking a collaborative payroll professional who is looking for a company that appreciates what the person in this role brings to the organization and the team.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives affecting payroll. Establish operational objectives and work plans for routine and special projects.
- Lead and manage the payroll department to meet payroll obligations in an accurate, timely and cost- effective manner, including hands-on and supervisory responsibility for processing payroll.
- Collaborate with teammates across HR, IT and Accounting and other corporate departments on a regular basis.
- Ensure all government mandated payroll activities and reporting are addressed in a timely manner, including 401K, W2s, taxes, and garnishments.
- Work with outside vendors on issues with automated systems and/or new product implementation. Ensure effective maintenance of Ulti-pro Payroll and Kronos WFC.
- Provide thought leadership regarding payroll functions to help maximize efficiency with continuous business process improvements, and document methods and procedures.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of solid payroll experience. with supervisory experience preferred. .
- Solid understanding of HR and Payroll relationships, operating systems, and laws.
- Extensive knowledge of HR and Payroll federal/state/local pay/tax laws.
- Prior experience running payroll for multi-state/multi-company organization.
- Proven experience in exhibiting sound judgment and upholding strict confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large data sets.
- Excellent customer service skills with all levels.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products and current payroll systems. Experience with UKG products â€“ UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) and Kronos WFC strongly preferred.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.