Essense of Australia is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas, Perth, Australia, and Zug, Switzerland. Our growing organization also operates in the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense of Australia is a dynamic and rapidly expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
As a people focused company with quality relationships as a core value, we are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join us in our Lenexa, KS office. This individual will be responsible for providing dedicated strategic HR support to an assigned group of department leaders and employees on HR related matters to enhance alignment of business objectives. Our HR Business Partners are trusted advisors responsible for working closely with department leaders and performing HR-related functions including talent planning, talent acquisition and organizational design, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and culture building. This position requires strategic thinking to identify department challenges and apply practical people-management solutions. The individual in this role will collaborate closely with HR peers to develop and implement best practices.
This high impact role reports to the Director of People & Culture and requires an individual who is strategic, collaborative, results driven and embraces a fast-paced environment.
Does this sound like you? Hereâ€™s more:
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Strategically work with department leaders to develop creative solutions to increase performance and effectiveness of department team.
- Analyze trends and metrics within the business and provide recommendations to drive performance.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning in consultation with HR Operations team.
- Work closely with department leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build culture, increase engagement, productivity, and retention. Use influence and coaching skills to cultivate a culture that reflects our Core Values.
- Navigate leaders and employees through organizational changes.
- Identify training and development needs for teams and individuals. Consult with Talent Development team for departmental needs.
- Partner with department leaders to assess, develop and identify talent planning and organizational strategies.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to create job descriptions and map out recruitment strategy. Partner with Talent Acquisition team during full-cycle recruitment process. Actively engage in interview process to provide guidance and input to hiring managers.
- Based on departmental needs and level / scope of position, will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment activities.
- Liaison between hiring manager and People & Culture team to ensure new hire onboarding goals are met.
- Partner with managers to give guidance related to employee relations issues and performance management.
- Support the facilitation of programs to reward and recognize employees.
- Support employee engagement activities, surveys, data dissemination and action plans.
- Function as a culture ambassador within the organization, and champion culture initiatives and programs that support and build on our culture and core values and cultivate Essense as an Employer of Choice.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field preferred. Relevant equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible Human Resources experience required, preferably in a fast paced, dynamic organization.
- The right culture fit is important to us. We want someone who is relationship focused, agile, and fun.
- Key strengths are recognized as flexibility, fantastic communication skills, and huge amounts of drive.
- Customer service driven with professional presence and demeanor. Ability to interface effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be people focused and enthusiastic about the Essense culture and Core Values.
- Demonstrated strength in partnering with stakeholders at all levels.
- High level of emotional intelligence and organizational awareness to allow for effective collaboration and leverage of expertise across the company.
- Demonstrated business acumen and professional maturity. Ability to represent the Company to candidates, vendors, and other outside entities consistent with brand image and standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to consult on talent planning and organizational design strategies.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of employment regulations and ability to provide guidance on practical application.
- Agile approach to assignments and able to shift focus to meet varying needs of organization.
- Strong collaboration skills with a team focused approach.
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification preferred; other ongoing development to stay current with HR employment regulations and best practices expected.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with HRIS systems. ADP Workforce Now and iCIMS system experience preferred.
What We Offer:
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. We recognise and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. As such, we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills and drive to help us further our growth, please go toÂ https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/Â and follow the prompts to submit your resume and cover letter.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.