Americo is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a blend of HR experience across the benefits, payroll, compensation and employee relations areas. This role will lead and direct functions of the HR Department, including:
Payroll and Benefits
- Oversee the Payroll and Benefits functions of the organization
- Lead the annual renewal and open enrollment process for Benefits
- Assist leadership with innovative benefits strategies that attract and retain talent
- Oversee the compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys
- Analyze trends in compensation; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Ensure the compensation strategy is reviewed annually and kept up to data
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Lead the annual performance management process
- Lead the semi-annual staff bonus process
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to managers and associates
- Provide support and guidance to Management, HR Staff, and Associates regarding employee relations
- Assist with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist with employee events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR highly desired