We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Human Resources to lead our HR and Talent Development team. The ideal candidate will be a generalist with a deep understanding of all aspects of HR, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and HR compliance. You will work closely with senior leadership to develop and execute HR strategies that align with our company’s goals and values.
This role will contribute at both a hands-on and strategic level, cutting across all areas of HR. You will provide business and coaching partnerships while leading various initiatives across employee engagement programs, management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development, communication, culture, and more. A tenacity to find creative solutions is key!
This position will work @Flex (a combination of both in the office and at home).
Check out more details below.
What you’ll do
- Talent Acquisition: Develop and execute effective recruitment strategies to attract top talent, manage the end-to-end hiring process, conduct interviews, and onboard new employees.
- Employee Relations: Foster a positive work environment by handling employee relations, conflict resolution, and implementing policies and procedures that promote a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
- Performance Management: Provide ongoing coaching and training to guide managers and employees on issues affecting performance and development. Facilitate training and educational events that build HR knowledge in assigned areas such as performance management, HR compliance, and building productive, engaged workplaces. Partners with people managers to provide support in effectively managing their teams and performance management.
- Payroll and Benefits Administration: Manage payroll processes, ensure accurate and timely payments, administer employee benefits programs, and collaborate with external vendors to optimize benefits packages.
- HR Operations: Oversee day-to-day HR operations, including but not limited to performance management, employee engagement initiatives, compliance with labor laws, and maintaining HR records and documentation.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs, create professional development programs, and implement initiatives to enhance employee skills and career growth.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong business partnership – you will drive real business results and positively impact the P&L and be a strong business leader yourself.
- Courageous culture leader – forward-leaning to realize a transformed culture and overall performance of the business.
- Continuous improvement fanatic – envision and facilitate the integrating, standardizing, and transforming of our HR work.
- Results, metrics, and goal-driven – we take our results personally; we run our HR organization together, we use data to make decisions and our say/do ratio is high.
- Team supporter and talent developer – we support each other and grow our team and the business teams that we support.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years’ progressive professional Human Resources experience with 5+ years’ experience in senior HR management roles, leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and build a performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability as an operational HR leader; high say/do ratio, identifying needs, setting plans, and executing, understanding HR data and driving decisions using data.
- Grit, drive, passion, and perseverance
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others, particularly leadership development and coaching.
- Strong bias for action, a keen sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of global employment laws and regulations
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement HR initiatives aligned with company objectives.
Benefits & Perks
- Choose from one of our multiple comprehensive health care plans that best suits you and your family where you are in life right now. (HSA, FSA, PPO – we got you covered!)
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan with a generous match and immediate vesting from nbkc. Now that’s a sweet deal!
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, Birthday PTO, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options.
- Take advantage of our awesome wellness programs which include a wellness reimbursement account and an on-site gym facility.
- Flexible work options to allow you to do your job and live your life (Work-Life Integration for the win!)
- Enjoy anniversary awards for your 3- and 5-year anniversaries (That’s serious cash money towards your retirement account, student loan refinancing or your HSA).
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
About nbkc bank:
nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with some awesome, intelligent, and diverse people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about.
nbkc is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all its practices, especially when it comes to growing our teams. We aim to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with employees from all walks of life.
Our customers love us too. We know that our 5-star reviews are a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
We’re pretty proud to work here and we know you will be too!
Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation