Human Resources Administration
Human Resources Specialist – Performance Management
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
The HR Specialist will monitor, execute, plan, develop, implement and administer activities related to performance management for university employees. This position also acts as a liaison and advisor to the university leadership regarding performance process, models and tools.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Health, dental, vision, employer paid life, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty leave, military leave, paid parental leave, retirement plan. More details: https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
- Bachelors level degree in HR or relevant field, Organizational Development, Training or equivalent experience
- 3 years, experience within Human Resources discipline
- Experience with Workday or similar HRIS
- Relevant certification, CPLP, PHR, etc.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Provide support and assistance to supervisors in drafting performance management and evaluation documents.
- Complete analysis of performance data for recommendations for improvement to business processes.
- Maintain knowledge of KUMC policies and procedures to ensure compliance as related to managing employee performance. Collaborate with the learning and development team to develop training for managers and supervisors to ensure compliance.
- Develop appropriate and timely communication in collaboration with the university communications team to articulate university initiatives related to performance and career development.
- At least annually provide performance outcome metrics and advise university leadership and areas and departments on methods to improve departmental performance results.
- Establish and implement competency models for the various positions in the university and provide guidance to managers to assess competencies of employees.
- Develop useful standards for competency assessment in recruitment, development and promotion of employees.
- Direct the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the university.
- Collaborate with the Compensation team to develop framework for implementing enhanced incentive systems.
- Continually research and incorporate HR best practice into the universityâ€™s performance management and evaluation systems.
- Consult with partners such as IT, Workday Support Team, etc., regarding system updates and design changes to the performance management and evaluation system.
- Collaborate with the learning and development team to implement learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans to support the universityâ€™s performance management and evaluation systems.
- Monitor the effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance. Review evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments to improve employee engagement and supervisor knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A completed application must include:
- Cover letter stating how you meet all required qualification.
Pay Rate Type:
Notice to Employees from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Kansas City Area Office
Federal law and The University of Kansas Medical Center policy prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s age (40 and over) with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges or employment. The University of Kansas Medical Center supports and shall comply with such federal law in all respects and shall not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law. Specifically, The University of Kansas Medical Center shall not make hiring decisions based upon an applicant’s or an employee’s age. Any candidate for employment or employee who believes they have been discriminated against may report the issue to The University of Kansas Medical Center’s Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission PKWY, Fairway, KS, 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY. Applicants and employees also may report potential unlawful discrimination or harassment to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 400 State Ave., Suite 905, Kansas City, Kansas 66101. The University of Kansas Medical Center will take prompt and appropriate remedial action to effectively address any violations of its non-discrimination policy. To review the paper version of the notice please copy and paste this link into a browser http://www.kumc.edu/documents/hr/Notice%20to%20Employees.pdf
How to Apply: