Job Description Summary:
The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one functional group. Will provide consultation in the following areas: talent acquisition; employee relations, performance, compensation and policy interpretation. May carry out additional responsibilities to include organizational design; employee development initiatives and training.
The University of Kansas Medical Center strives to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs. We operate three schools:
The School of Medicine, with campuses in Kansas City, Wichita and Salina
The School of Nursing, with campuses in Kansas City and Salina
The School of Health Professions
KU Medical Center is looking for a professional to help the university to fulfill our mission to improve the lives and communities in Kansas and beyond through innovation in education, research and health care.
Work Location: Combination of in-office and remote work
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, dental, vision, employer paid life, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty leave, military leave, paid parental leave, retirement plan. More information https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. Experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year for year basis. Three to five years of experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development. Demonstrated understanding of core HR functions. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds at various organizational and educational levels. Excellent consulting skills and a good sense of judgment. Excellent customer service and customer management skills. Business literacy skills. Desire to collaborate with other HR staff as part of a high performing team.
- Five to seven years of progressive experience in labor relations, employee discipline, supervisor guidance, conducting employee investigations, training, benefits or other HR specialties. Experience working in a union environment.
- Previous experience working with research or scientific related enterprise.
- Experience with Workday
Job Duties Outlined:
- Consult with and advise department management on a wide range of HR-related issues, providing performance management guidance to department management in a variety of areas, including coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, etc. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage and resolve complex employee/labor relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Ensure compliance with university and Board of Regents policies.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation. Assist with development/revision of policy as needed.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational development, business unit restructures and workforce planning. Identify training needs for business units and participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Assist in managing and resolving employee compensation issues.
- Facilitate and streamline the hiring and separation processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
Notice to Employees from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Kansas City Area Office
Federal law and The University of Kansas Medical Center policy prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s age (40 and over) with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges or employment. The University of Kansas Medical Center supports and shall comply with such federal law in all respects and shall not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law. Specifically, The University of Kansas Medical Center shall not make hiring decisions based upon an applicant’s or an employee’s age. Any candidate for employment or employee who believes they have been discriminated against may report the issue to The University of Kansas Medical Center’s Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission PKWY, Fairway, KS, 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY. Applicants and employees also may report potential unlawful discrimination or harassment to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 400 State Ave., Suite 905, Kansas City, Kansas 66101. The University of Kansas Medical Center will take prompt and appropriate remedial action to effectively address any violations of its non-discrimination policy. To review the paper version of the notice please copy and paste this link into a browserÂ http://www.kumc.edu/documents/hr/Notice%20to%20Employees.pdf
How to Apply: