At H&R Block weâ€™re here to live our purposeâ€”to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
Weâ€™ve been true to that purpose since 1955. Since then, weâ€™ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the US and around the world. When you join our team, youâ€™ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking companyâ€”one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
We are seeking an experienced Organization Effectiveness Consultant to design, implement and measure impactful performance management and succession programs and practices. This work will comprise between 60-70% of the role with the remaining focus areas dedicated to consultation and strategic initiatives for culture, organization design, leader and team effectiveness, and change management.Â
What you’ll do…
Collaborate with executives and strategic business partners to identify organizational development priorities, develop effective strategies and implement plans and tools to address these priorities. Â Design and lead our talent management practices including performance management, feedback and coaching, talent conversations and reviews, succession planning and career development.
Day to Day you’ll …
- Design, develop and implement strategies and interventions aligned with strategic initiatives in the following focus areas
- Performance management
- Talent and behavioral assessments
- Leadership succession plans and metrics
- Competencies and Career Development
- Organizational design, culture and change management initiatives
- Team Development and effectiveness
- Diagnose and analyze current organizational systems, structures, culture, competencies, and related organizational practices to identify gaps Â recommend solutions for change.
- Facilitate feedback and action planning sessions to drive organizational improvements.
- Partner with HR Leads and business partners in the support of and implementation of business strategies.
- Engage in internal client consulting Â across the enterprise and/or with assigned business groups to assess and deliver solutions for .
- Implement cross-practice people strategies and provide expertise for critical management programs.
- Conduct research to determine industry benchmarks and best practices and pinpoint potential areas for improvement.
- Administer and debrief behavioral-based assessments and/or feedback tools such as Myers-Briggs, Hogan, TKI and multi-rater feedback.
- Provide coaching and feedback to senior leaders and other associates across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team…
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Organizational Effectiveness or a related area, including assessing organizations, designing and implementing organizational development initiatives and consulting with clients in a wide variety of business settings. Extensive and proven experience in designing and executing impactful performance management and succession strategies and programs strongly preferred.
- Masters degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Development, Human Resources Management or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Â
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate and consult with business executives both verbally and in writing as well as through strong presentations.
- Exceptional client focus with the ability to build and sustain successful interpersonal relationships across multiple disciplines and a variety of business settings with a variety of clients and partners.
- Extensive experience in facilitation of business meetings and problem-solving.
- Strong research, design and analytical skills.
- Results-oriented with robust project and program management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving culture.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Experience with behavioral assessment, test interpretation, qualified in â€œLevel Bâ€ assessment.
To learn more or apply for the position: