Apple Bus Company is a fast growing, full-service transportation contractor with 2,000 employees in 8 states. Our home office is located just south of Kansas City in Cleveland, MO. Apple Bus services include student transportation, public transportation, non-ambulatory van services, transportation consulting, and transportation technology management.
Apple Bus believes in the value of hard work and the importance of strong client relationships. Our mission is to set the standard for safety, service and quality by which all other transportation providers are judged.
About The Position
This critical position administers the companyâ€™s group benefit and retirement programs, serves as the company benefits subject matter expert, maintains benefits records, provides day-to-day employee support, and resolves complex benefit issues. The Benefit Specialist is also responsible for providing regular support for our payroll function.
What We are Looking For
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources and/or an equivalent combination of certifications and experience.
- 3+ years experience administering employee benefits. Minimum of 1 year experience administering benefits for a multi-state company with a workforce of 500+, including a large percentage of part-time/hourly employees is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations and filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits.
- Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations and compliance.
- Strong Excel skills (i.e., comfortable with v-lookups, etc.)
- Experience administering payroll or providing payroll support is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organization, time management, communication, and customer service skills are required.
Compensation commensurate with experience