nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better. Personal checking and savings accounts, home loans, business accounts – we do all of that. We’re cool about it, though.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with awesome people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about.
We are currently looking for aÂ Payroll ManagerÂ to join our rockstar Human Resources team. Check out the details below.
What you’ll do
- Administer and maintain the company’s salary programs to include bi-weekly payroll, bonuses, commissions, stock payments and incentive programs
- Accurately prepare pay by verifying time records, calculating and producing checks and electronic transfers, calculating vacation earned, and distribution of checks and employee correspondence.
- Ensure nbkc payroll processes are appropriate, accurate, efficient and timely
- Administers commission and incentive compensation programs and maintains related policies and guidelines.
- Oversees and acts as the subject-matter expert for the HRIS and timekeeping systems and acts as liaison with system vendors as well as periodically reviewing systems and processes to ensure they are meeting the needs of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining new hire and annual benefits open enrollment process within the HRIS and maintenance of the automated carrier connection processing.
- Ensures compliance with annual Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments including HR to ensure all team member payroll and benefit related matters are accurately and timely handled and continuous improvement in payroll processes is achieved.
- Manages child support and garnishments for all employees, as well as ensures that state limitations are met every payroll.
- Follows all applicable wage and hour and payroll laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Eight or more years of payroll experience.
- Demonstrated payroll lead or management experience.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing bonus, commissions and incentive plans
- Ability to easily adapt to new HR and payroll technology platforms.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel, Word and Outlook.
- General knowledge of Wage and Hour regulations and other regulations pertaining to payroll, compensation and employee privacy.
- CPP certification is desirable.
- Team orientation, flexibility and desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to manage projects and follow through.
- Demonstrated professionalism and leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to develop and implement change recommendations
Our Hiring Process
Â After our HR team reviews your application and feels you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before coming in to check out our space and meet our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you join our team:
- Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan + a sweet company match with immediate vesting.
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
- On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
- Â On-site flu shots and health screenings make it easy to stay healthy
- Â Professional coaching and learning sessions help you build the career you want
- Casual dress code and work environment let you be yourself
- Arcade games and open spaces to meet and work on every floor keep your brain moving
- Flexible schedules let you take care of what you need to in and out of the office
- Enjoy a $1000 travel voucher or an extra week of PTO for your 5-year anniversary
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades
We’ve been named one of KC’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the KCBJ in 2017, 2018, & 2019 ( yes, that’s a three-peat)… won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ’s coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that’s a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc. Needless to say… people really like working here. And we think you will too. Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation