The Human Resource Recruiter is responsible for implementing best recruitment practices through-out the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC). This highly visible position will collaborate and develop strong business relationships with all levels of KUMC leadership to assist in recruiting the best applicants. The incumbent will deliver efficient, effective and progressive services in the areas of employee recruitment and on-boarding, strategic partnerships with hiring managers, and identifying qualified applicants that serve the universityâ€™s rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Build and maintain a network of partners and colleagues in order to identify and source qualified candidates. Work with individuals and departments to develop recruiting plans and strategies to identify and attract top candidates. Manage and expedite recruitments by posting available opportunities on university website and external career sites. Develop attractive advertisements for external publications. Screen applicants, interview viable candidates, coordinate campus interviews and conduct phone screenings and reference checks as needed.
- Provide guidance, coaching, training, and reference information/materials to hiring managers in preparation for applicant interviews. Regularly follow up with respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process and customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in job fairs and other viable forums to promote and market the University of Kansas Medical Center as an employer of choice to a variety of industries (academia, science, research, finance, etc.). Use a variety of resources such as social media, online and print advertising, etc. to promote opportunities within the university.
- Develop, conduct and present New Employee Orientation, Recruitment Workshops and Lunch & Learns for hiring managers on campus.
- Develop and retain strong working relationships, both internally and externally. Serve as a primary point of contact for web-based Applicant Tracking System (PeopleAdmin) support and provide customer service to all users, including department administrators and applicants. Assist in training internal users on PeopleAdmin. Update training materials/user guides and recruitment related documents for internal users, and upload revised and new documents to PeopleAdmin, HR website and SharePoint.
- Work with departments to develop and edit position descriptions and templates. Assist with and facilitate all aspects of the hiring process, including preparing offer letters, orientation lists and other relevant documents pertaining to onboarding new employees and communicating with internal partners.
- Collaborate in the development, coordination and implementation of recruiting projects and initiatives.
- Seek, participate in and join professional recruitment forums and organizations in order to stay abreast of current practices and trends in recruiting and sourcing the best candidates for the University.
- Continually enhance a list of resources, websites and vendors for industry specific and hard to fill professions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external contacts who may be beneficial for recruiting, i.e., area Workforce Partnership sites, local trade and technical schools, etc.
- Manage interdepartmental billing for recruitment expenses.
- Regularly update recruitment guide, including a screening and evaluation process to ensure consistent record maintenance.
- Participate and collaborate with HR team and EEO to develop, improve and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent and for meeting the Medical Centerâ€™s affirmative action obligations. Actively participate in all HR team staffing related activities and engage in cross-functional projects.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in human resources, business, organizational development or closely related field.
- Two years of recruiting and on-boarding qualified candidates
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse individuals and groups with various levels of education.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to utilize technology applications (word processing, spreadsheet, database, workflow, presentation and other appropriate software).
- Three or more years extensive recruiting experience in an academic or corporate environment.
- Two or more years of experience in human resources.
- Experience with electronic applicant tracking systems such as PeopleAdmin or Workday.
- Prior work experience with an academic and/or healthcare institution.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centerâ€™s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff.Â To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visitÂ http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
To learn more and apply online, please visit http://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/25719 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number M0203772.
*Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.