Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas in the U.S. and Perth, Australia. Our growing organization also operates in the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
As a people focused company with quality relationships as a core value, we are looking for a Human Resources Operations Manager to provide leadership and direction on key global projects within the core Human Resources operational functions including all HR record keeping, benefits, performance cycle management, compliance, and processes.
The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring the completion of the HR departmental timeline and monthly reporting, process and procedure documentation, policy development/updates, compliance issues, regular HR related audits, and efficiency initiatives. In addition to managing the ongoing departmental requirements, this role will also be responsible for managing the implementation of new HR initiatives in support of the global growth of the business.
As an experienced HR professional, the HR Operations Manager will be an advocate for consistent and scalable global HR processes and continuous improvement. The individual in this position must be both strategic and hands-on with the ability to execute and drive the completion of projects with a sense of urgency. The HR Operations Manager will support the further efficiency of our HR service delivery model and help to establish consistency that allows for further scalability as the company continues to grow globally.
What We Expect
- Engages with HR Leadership and Executive sponsors as needed to fully define projects, expected outcomes, and key deliverable dates. Ensures alignment of expectations and ultimate goals of assigned projects.
- Conducts costs analysis, risk assessments, and acts as a liaison with vendors and other departments/key stakeholders on all project related work.
- Communicates and collaborates with other teams to provide training and information required to implement new projects, programs, and systems.
- Responsible for the development, updates, and communication of company policies and procedures
- Key point of contact for HR legal and regulatory compliance; regularly monitor updates and perform regular audits to ensure departmental practices, documentation, and communications are all held to the highest standards.
- Manage the creation, regular reviews, and updates of global employment contracts, non-compete agreements, severance agreements, and other employment agreements and ensure compliance in each country/jurisdiction; consult with legal advisors when needed and ensure templates are kept up to date with regulations in each country.
- Meet compliance standards and deadlines with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, obtaining qualified opinions, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Oversee company safety and ergonomic programs and OSHA reporting.
- Immigration / Global Mobility Management including Visa filings and document management; engage with immigration legal counsel both in the US and abroad as required to facilitate employee movement between countries/company entities.
- Function as project manager on HR system implementations, integrations, and enhancement activities to ensure alignment across all relevant platforms and alignment with business priorities.
What We Are Looking For
- The right culture fit is critical. The person we hire will be relationship-focused, agile, and fun!
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, Human Resources, or related field required. Masterâ€™s degree or advanced training strongly preferred. PHR, SHRM-CP, PMP certification(s) preferred.
- Minimum 5-7years of progressively responsible HR related experience required, preferably in a high-growth dynamic organization. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior HR program/project management experience required.
- Prior experience in HR Reporting and Analytics and compliance matters required.
- Knowledge across all areas of Human Resources Operations including benefits, compensation, payroll, performance management, employment law, compliance, immigration / global mobility and employee relations.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to take an idea and turn it into an actionable plan. Ability to design and create processes and procedures, implement and monitor for consistency of application with minimal direction but in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Strong ability to research complex global business and HR / legal matters and present viable solutions in the form of actionable plans.
- High attention to detail with the ability to audit information and ensure the accuracy of critical data.
- High degree of business and financial acumen, with the ability to prepare financial proposals, evaluate costs, lead compensation analysis, and support relevant portions of the HR budget.
- Ability to evaluate HR technology and systems including preparation of business case proposals, ROI analyses, and financial impacts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills; ability to prepare proposals and communicate business requirements clearly and concisely.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a process and procedure driven, fast-paced, high growth environment where agility and leading decision validation activities are a requirement.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, familiarity with HRIS and payroll systems, and reporting. ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork, and embraces sustainability. We recognize and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty.Â Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive.Â We provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.Â
How to Apply:
If you have the skills, spark and drive to help us further our growth, please go toÂ https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/Â and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application.Â Please note:Â We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications.Â If you sincerely desire to work with us, please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.Â Â