Relation is among the fastest-growing insurance brokers in the U.S. We work together to bring new products, capabilities and ideas to our clients, while preserving the local relationships and expertise that our clients have come to expect. Our employees and our clients are our top prioritiesâ€¦our success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We offer a competitive compensation package (including benefits), a collaborative team environment and growth opportunities.
We are looking for brilliant minds to come join us in a fast-paced, exciting work environment where having fun while working hard is part of our core values. Our culture encourages personal growth, and success. Are you a team player who enjoys challenging work? Do you believe the client always comes first? Come claim your future with a growing company that can help you be your best. Build a lasting connection with Relation!
Just starting your HR career? Do you want to learn, grow and develop in HR? The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting the Human Resources team. This individual undertakes a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate daily human resources functions, such as keeping track of employee records, supporting the interview process and aiding the Vice President, Human Resources. The Human Resources Assistant works autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end completion of human resources operations and projects, contributing to the attainment of specific goals and results of the human resources department and the organization. The Human Resources Assistant exercises the utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters, such as pre-employment screenings and investigations, payroll, personnel relations and organizational changes.
A Glimpse Into the Position
- Assists with the administration of various human resources policies, plans and procedures for all regions.
- Maintains accurate and complete employee records in electronic and paper form, as applicable, and ensures all record-keeping requirements are met.
- Participates in human resources meetings and in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists with the recruitment process by scheduling interviews, completing reference and background checks, preparing offer letters and tracking of new possible candidates in Paylocity.
- Assists with employee on-boarding, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons.
- Assists in monitoring changes in employment practices laws and ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (OSHA, EEO, ADA, FMLA ERISA, DOL, workerâ€™s compensation, etc.).
- Assists with the maintenance of FMLA/CFRA and leave of absence procedures.
- Maintains the human resources departmentâ€™s calendar and coordinates training sessions and human resources meetings.
- Creates reports as requested for service anniversaries, new hires, terminations, promotions, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity of rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, FMLA and other employment laws.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to function effectively under tight time constraints, consistently meet strict deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, and does what it takes to get the job done.
Education and Qualifications
- College graduate with Human Resources focus highly preferred 2+ years of human resources experience
- PHR Certification or equivalent preferred
How to Apply
To apply for this position click here.
Relation Insurance Inc.Â provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.