Ceva Animal Health is the sixth-largest global animal health company offering products for companion animals, poultry, and swine. Founded in 1999, Ceva has grown to over 6,000 employees based in 46 countries worldwide. More than 600 employees are currently working in the U.S. During 2006, the company established its North American headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas. Additional facilities are located in Anniston, Ga. and Verona, Wis. Learn more at www.ceva.us
Job Summary and Purpose:
The HR Generalist will assist in administering the day-to-day HR operations for Ceva’s hourly workforce specifically focused in the industrial and manufacturing areas. Supports the execution of HR policies, procedures, and programs.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
· Provides support and guidance to management and other staff on the application of company policies, procedures and processes. Coach supervisors and managers with performance and accountability related problems.
· Handles routine employee relations issues for the non-exempt workforce, including specialized and sensitive questions and topics. Works with employees, supervisors and managers to ensure a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and adherence to policies and standards for a superior workforce. Supports employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Assists with employee development, performance management, and succession planning. Administers the quarterly review of the production career ladder including eligibility tracking, assessments, preparation of reports and other documentation.
· Administers Ceva’s U.S. relocation plan. Includes employee communication, vendor management, processing billing and coordinating appropriate tax withholding with payroll. Partners with HR leadership to manage policy exception requests. Coordinates international relocations with corporate office. Proactively reviews policy, forms and process and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Partners with outside counsel, other HR staff and the corporate office to administer all necessary work permits via the visa and immigration process.
· Partners with payroll, benefits, and safety to ensure proper administration of policies, timekeeping, etc. Submits employee data changes to ensure data integrity.
· Conducts exit interviews to determine the reasons behind separations.
· Compiles and files the EEO-1, VETS100 reports annually. Responsible for Ceva’s compiling annual AAP plan.
· Supports learning and development programs and initiatives. Reviews annual training plan for hourly population. May create and deliver training sessions for employees and managers.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; make suggestions for policies and practices improvements.
· Provide general support to the HR department, including the processing of invoices, ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
· Additional HR projects and/or responsibilities as assigned as they relate to the Industrial and or I&D client groups
Shape solutions out of complexity – Is open and curious of other’s perspectives. Ability to work well under pressure with tight timelines and multiple projects all at once. Ability to prioritize tasks based on the business needs and current priorities
Client focus – Has in mind client’s satisfaction:
· Collaborate with empathy – Has a positive attitude towards collaboration. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
· Engage and develop – Clarifies short-term directions. Professionalism and the desire to learn and grow your Human Resources career
Drive ambition and accountability – Proactively manages own and others work. Must be a self-starter and take initiative without a lot of direction or supervision:
· Influence others – Communicates transparently. Must be able to work with many levels of authority, cross-functionally, up-down-across the hierarchy and cross-culturally
Technical / Functional Competencies:
· HR Performance – Understands the fundamentals of HR performance practices and policies with the ability to consolidate basic data. Ability to act as a top team member on as-needed basis. Knowledge and ability to handle employee relations issues and sensitive situations. Ability to resolve conflict and effectively communicate difficult information
· Compensation & Benefits – Understand the fundamentals of compensation and benefits practices. Ability to crunch data and understand the results.
· Talent Development – Basic understanding of the tools and practices. Ability to consolidate people data and KPIs.
· People & Organizational Effectiveness – Basic understanding of Ceva’s local organization. Ability to read and understand engagement results and provide basic support regarding action planning.
· Talent Acquisition – Ability to conduct the recruitment process from beginning to end. Understanding of best practices. Capacity to assess candidates.
Communicate effectively through both verbal and written channels. Compliance – Understand and apply policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations:
· Facilitation & Change Management – Basic knowledge of change management methodologies. Ability to facilitate a workshop or meeting. Able to provide people with listening, feedback, support and advice. Good interpersonal and coaching skills.
· Administrative – Attention to detail and assurance of data integrity in HR systems.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business or Organization Development.
Work Experience: 2-3 years of progressive HR experience with preference in an manufacturing and/or life sciences environment. Has basic knowledge of federal, state and local employment and labor laws.Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Experience working with HRIS systems
Other: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred but not required.
· Ability to read, write legibly and communicate in English
Capable of working extensively with computers
Tasks frequently require prolonged mental and visual concentration
Travel Required: N/A
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties and responsibilities or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not an employment contract. Ceva reserves the right to modify job duties and/or job descriptions at any time to meet the needs of the business.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
**Ceva is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ceva encourages men and women, members of all racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.