Affinis Corp is a civil engineering firm located in Corporate Woods in Overland Park, KS. We offer full civil engineering, construction, and consulting services. With municipal, state, federal, and private clients, our dedicated team provides constructible designs with outstanding client service. Thanks to growth, we are adding an HR professional to our team to be responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources function and meeting the combined needs of the business and our co-workers. We are open to a part- or full-time schedule (30 – 40 hours per week) for this newly created role. Reporting to the President of the firm, the HR Generalist will oversee and handle the following responsibilities:
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Lead recruiting initiatives, post jobs, screen incoming applicants, conduct initial interviews, conduct reference checks, coordinate offers.
- Oversee new co-worker onboarding steps including offer letters, new hire paperwork, and system access.
- Coordinate and lead New Hire Orientation process and activities.
- Coordinate external recruiter relationships and career fairs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Work with broker on administration and renewals of co-worker benefits.
- Be a liaison between co-workers, broker and insurance providers to resolve benefit related questions and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive co-worker experience.
- Lead Open Enrollment communications strategy and process.
- Liaison with external compensation consultant to regularly evaluate and price positions.
- Work with TPA on 401k fiduciary responsibilities (SPD distribution, fee disclosures, loan processing, enrollment, etc.)
- Handle co-worker relations activities (answering questions, coaching, conflict intervention, policy interpretation; addressing benefits enrollments, changes, etc.).
- Administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as reasonable accommodations analyses, handling or coordinating investigations, etc.
- Help coordinate and participate in Recruitment & Retention Committee meetings and related activities.
- Administer co-worker recognition programs.
Compliance and Audits
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and benefit plan provisions, seeking guidance as needed, including (but not limited to): Annual Workers’ Comp audit; updating labor law posters and notifications; VETS 4212 and other filing requirements of Federal Contractors.
- Maintain and update co-worker handbook, including periodic reviews with outside counsel.
- Serve as a coach to managers and co-workers in situations including performance feedback, handling difficult conversations, creating and managing performance improvement plans, creating formal warnings, etc.
- Provide policy interpretation/clarification.
- Oversee co-worker disciplinary meetings, termination notifications.
HR Systems and Administration
- Maintain the company’s employment files, ensuring all files are maintained in accordance with applicable laws.
- Perform data input (pay data, personal data, benefits data, etc.) into HR and Accounting systems.
- Administer offboarding steps (e.g., exit interviews, outplacement, liaison for insurances).
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ HR experience in a generalist capacity.
- Familiarity with all relevant state and federal regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HR systems.
- HR professional certification(s) preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with managers and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to present thoughts, ideas, and proposals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
AT AFFINIS CORP:
We like to make our co-workers’ lives easier and offering them great benefits is a great start. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision – coverage from trusted providers that will blow your socks off
- Vacation & sick leave – time off that you can really take
- Eight paid holidays – we like family, too!
- Flextime – life doesn’t always happen outside of 8-5
- Career development and continuing education programs – we are smart folks who like to keep learning
- Life & disability insurance – because you just never know
- Professional association memberships – we like for you to know, and learn from, others in your profession
WHY AFFINIS CORP?
A workplace where core values are practiced daily, not just words on the wall.
Affinis is that kind of place. We take balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, and trustworthiness seriously. We consult our values when making decisions and that help us reach our goals of being the employer and consultant of choice.
Home isn’t the only place where you should be treated like family.
Spending your work week with people who care about you, respect your opinions, and work to make your life easier is pretty sweet. At Affinis, we do all those things. We really do care about each other and the work we do with one another.
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
Affinis Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.