The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Manager oversees and implements equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies and plans and provides management with guidance related to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
This role may be eligible for remote work on an occasional or regular basis, subject to job requirements, scheduling requirements, onsite operational needs, and manager approval.
- Serve as the organizationâ€™s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer with dotted-line reporting to the CEO.
- Oversees and manages the organizationâ€™s EEO Program in compliance with EEO law and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations.
- Collaborates with and advises human resource staff on EEO, affirmative action and diversity.
- Maintains knowledge of developments, trends, and best practices in EEO administration, including federal and state legal and regulatory changes and changes to the EEO practices of other major companies; based on this knowledge, recommends revisions and updates to the companyâ€™s EEO and affirmative action policies.
- Drafts and oversees an affirmative action plan for the organization; establishes affirmative action goals; monitors progress and collaborates with management to achieve these goals.
- Develops and implements reporting and audit procedures to assess the effectiveness of the organizationâ€™s EEO, affirmative action and diversity programs.
- Conducts audits to assess the organizationâ€™s compliance with federal, state, and local discrimination laws.
- Prepares reports on investigations or audit findings and makes recommendations.
- Investigates internal discrimination complaints.
- Prepares and submits annual EEO-4 reports.
- Designs and implements company-wide training programs on EEO requirements including instruction on all forms of prohibited discrimination and harassment, as well as affirmative action and diversity initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work may require supervising and monitoring performance for a regular group of employees (1 or more full-time employees) including providing input on hiring/disciplinary actions and work objectives/ effectiveness, performance evaluations, and realigning work as needed.
Â· Position has limited fiscal responsibility. May assist in the collection of data in support of recommendations for departmental budget allocations. May monitor division or program/promotional level budget and expenditures.
Required Education and Experience
Â· Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; Masterâ€™s degree preferred; JDâ€™s will be considered
Â· At least six (6) years of related work experience in Human Resources with an emphasis in EEO policies, plans, and investigations
Â· Experience designing and implementing an affirmative action plan
Â· Experience investigating discrimination and/or harassment complaints
Â· Experience working in a union environment preferred
Â· An equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered
Â· Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination (contact Human Resources if an exception applies)
Required Licenses or Certifications
Â· SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR certification highly preferred
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
Â· Extensive working knowledge of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and affirmative action requirements
Â· Strong working knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures
Â· Working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); ADP knowledge desired
Â· Knowledge of public sector employment laws
Â· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Â· Interpersonal and negotiating skills
Â· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Â· Time management skills
Â· Read, understand, and interpret a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Â· Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
Â· Understand and carry out oral and written directions
Â· Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
Â· Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
Â· Direct the work of others and lead in a matter that drives positive results
Â· Apply and integrate technology solutions into organizational needs and goals
Â· Analyze, assess, recommend, and implement technical solutions and policies
Â· Prioritize and compromise when necessary
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Â· May work in a normal office environment and/or remote office as approved. Will sometimes be required to work and/or attend meetings or events in public and at all RideKC locations
Â· Normal hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm
Â· Occasional abnormal hours are expected and required for specific events and to reach all employees
Â· Occasional travel within the metropolitan area may be required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position is relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards and is generally sedentary. Incumbents may be required to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- KCATA is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7bd3e24e-b803-494f-a51f-054689334d66&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=425852&source=CC2&lang=en_US