This position is responsible for the planning, goal setting, strategy, delivery, and evaluation of internal communications resources supporting a high level of employee engagement. The Internal Communication Manager will collaborate with senior leadership to craft and promote communications that build a shared internal culture reflective of our core values to advance Harvesters mission. This position will serve as the gatekeeper of organizational and executive communications to staff to meet organizational goals by facilitating and improving communication among staff, the HR department, leadership team and across the organization.
- Including strategy, development and final delivery create, fun, innovative and interactive internal communications including written (emails, blog posts, FAQ), spoken (strategy presentations, town halls, speeches and talking points), and visual (video, productions, infographics) to inspire and motivate employees.
- Collaborates with Harvesters Communications team and HR to ensure internal and external outreach activities are synchronous and mutually reinforcing.
- Attends Executive, Senior, and departmental meetings, as needed, for the purpose of gathering insight, information, and data in preparation for internal communications.
- Partner with IT to review and update internal email distribution lists to ensure the right audience and levels receive the right communications at the right time.
- Support the HR team providing collaborative guidance and advice on integrated communications strategies to build staff morale, productivity, retention, and policy compliance.
- Strategize, plan, develop and coordinate across the organization a vehicle(s) and content for timely and innovative strategies for communicating to staff including but not limited to; benefits, growth & development, Can Do, LaMP, staff celebrations, All Staff Conference, etc.
- Develop written and visual recruiting resources to source candidates in person and on-line.
- Include metrics of success and where improvements can be made â€“ including employee feedback â€“ to continuously improve communications and messaging.
- Provide guidance and coaching to all levels of staff to assist with communication challenges and difficult conversations.
- Internalize, reflect, and capture the executive and organizational style, tone, and personality throughout all internal communications.
- Write, review, edit and schedule executive and organizational communications to an internal audience.
- Responsible for intake communications from managers and directors to provide organizational and departmental resources for big-picture messaging (i.e. Leader Toolkits, presentations, talking points, Town Hall meeting agenda and content).
- Responsible for maintaining HR content on CORE 365, Striving TV and Staff Update.
- Partner with Harvesters Communication team to create and maintain the annual editorial and cultural calendar based on organizational milestones, determining best channel for each piece of content.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all safety related procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced technology proficiency (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and new and emerging platforms)â€¯
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of current employee/employer internal communication workplace trends
- Well-organized and self-directed; able to multitask; good attention to detail and ability to make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse groups and adjust messaging for various audiences.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to extract complex subjects into coherent and easy-to-understand language.
- Create a supportive environment for staff through transparency and two-way communication
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelorâ€™s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field
5+ yearsâ€™ experience working with Executive and Senior leaders in an internal communications role
3 â€“ 5 years of experience in human resources
Knowledge of nonprofit culture and mission-focused environment