Mariner Wealth Advisors is a national wealth advisory firm. Our mission is to help clients and their families navigate their financial future, charting the course to achieve their financial goals today, tomorrow and for years to come. Simply put, we exist to be advocates. We believe everyone can
benefit from professional advice and, as our clientsâ€™ advocate, we help them make informed financial decisions so they can live a fulfilling life.Â Across our firm, we actively nurture the next generation of professionals, give back to the community, and foster a diverse culture where associates genuinely love where they work and receive the support they need to meet their career goals.
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at the Overland Park, Kansas headquarters.Â This senior-level role has strategic and tactical responsibilities, primarily in the areas of associate relations, performance management, engagement, and training and
development.Â The business partner team is dedicated to maintaining and protecting our culture of excellence by establishing strong relationships, providing effective leadership and communication, and enabling an exceptional experience for all associates.Â The ideal candidate to join our team is energized by coaching leaders and associates while demonstrating a passion for achieving business goals and thriving in a fast-paced, changing environment.Â We partner with and support leaders across the firm and collaborate with HR peers in the areas of talent, benefits, payroll, and
- Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Build strong and effective business relationships with leaders and associates, acting as the primary point of contact for all people matters within regional groups.
- Partner with leaders as a trusted advisor, sharing best practices and creative solutions; ensure people strategies align with business goals and support our culture.Â Â
- Consult with leaders and provide coaching on all associate relations issues; provide guidance on the application of company policies and procedures, as well as relevant employment laws.Â
- Monitor associate relations trends and assist location and regional leaders to devise and execute action plans.
- Lead assessment and improvement of the associate onboarding program.
- Develop and deliver training in support of compliance requirements, associate growth and development, DEI initiatives, and other HR-related topics
- Assist with the implementation of new associate engagement platform and development of processes, including contributing to survey development.
- Collect and analyze data from surveys and other sources; create action plans to build on successes and address areas of opportunity.
- Utilize available technology, analytics, and expertise to enhance people reporting capabilities and HR strategies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new performance management processes; work with leaders and associates to ensure strong understanding and adoption in furtherance of our growth and development culture.
- Manage and execute various HR processes, including those related to annual talent planning and compensation cycles; continually evaluate for improvement opportunities.
- Guide leaders and associates through the separation process; conduct exit interviews, monitor trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations; apply knowledge to reduce risk and consult with legal team as needed.
The business partner position is best suited for an individual with a strong generalist background and experience developing and executing strategic initiatives and routine processes in support of our associate-focused culture.Â The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in an HR business partner or generalist role supporting business groups with associates in multiple US locations
- Minimum Bachelorâ€™s degree in human resources, business or related field; professional HR certification preferredÂ
- Financial services industry experience preferred, specifically wealth or asset managementÂ
- Demonstrated success building trusting partnerships with internal leaders and associates; must bring an unwavering commitment to client service
- Experience consulting with and coaching business leadersÂ
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong aptitude to leverage technology tools and applications
- Experience developing and delivering effective and engaging training programs
- In-depth, hands-on experience in the following HR disciplines: associate relations and retention, HR laws and regulatory requirements, training and development, performance management, culture and engagement. Understanding of benefits, payroll administration, and compensation planning and administration is beneficial.
- Ability to lead and implement strategic initiatives, as well as a willingness to handle day-to-day tactical HR functions
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the ability to navigate through rapid growth
We welcome your interest in being a part of Mariner Wealth Advisors. We offer our associates an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We are a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience and ambition.
How to Apply:
Apply online: https://careers-mariner-holdings.icims.com/jobs/2282/human-resources-business-partner/job