Polsinelli PC, headquartered in Kansas City, MO is hiring a Human Resources Manager in our Kansas City office.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Human Resources Department for an HR Manager. This position requires a well-rounded, detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the firm’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resource policies, programs and practices.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Maintain functional knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with management and supervisors regarding coaching, corrective actions and terminations.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Develop and implement HR-related policies and procedures, assisting with the rollout and execution.
- Establish positive working-relationships with all managers and employees to promote a professional work environment.
- Update job descriptions and write new job descriptions as needed.
- Assist with firm-wide annual performance review process.
- Handle all types of employee questions and issues including those regarding personnel policies and procedures, benefits, personal issues, attendance, etc.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims.
- Conduct exit interview for the firm
- Assist with miscellaneous firm-wide events such as the United Way campaign and staff appreciation activities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: Six to ten years related experience
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook. Broad knowledge of legal specific programs preferred.
Other Requirements: Prior professional services or law firm experience a plus.
Travel Requirements: 10-20%
Polsinelli PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity and expression, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.