What weâ€™re looking for
HUMAN [noun | character]. A dynamic self-starter who is comfortable developing processes and generating pragmatic solutions with panache
RESOURCES [noun | oneâ€™s personal capabilities]. Strong professional maturity / judgment; ability to adapt to change and drive improvements throughout the organization; high level of flexibility, commitment and performance standards
BUSINESS [noun | Continental Disc Corporation]. A global manufacturer of rupture discs and pressure relief valves with 400+ employees and office locations in 4 countries
PARTNER [noun | ally]. Skilled at building relationships, engaging and building trust with peers, employees, managers and executives
HR Business Partner Role Summary
With responsibility for HR operations for our Liberty, MO manufacturing facility and global headquarters (225 ees), this is a senior generalist role with emphasis in employee relations, compensation & benefits, talent management and organizational development/effectiveness.Â In addition, the HR Business Partner develops and leverages relationships with stakeholders across the organization (leaders, teams and employees) to develop and drive corporate/site HR initiatives and increase the HR teamâ€™s effectiveness. This position reports to the Vice President of Global Human Resources and supervises two non-exempt direct reports.
What youâ€™ll be doing:
- Understands overall business strategies and partners with leadership to deliver HR programs, policies and practices. Assesses implications of HR initiatives on business strategies and recommends actions and/or improvements;
- Manages corporate compensation programs and US benefits administration to include salary and bonus structures, health and welfare benefits, vendor management and reporting, 401k, workers compensation, FMLA/LOA programs, affirmative action planning and related internal/external reporting and audits;
- Oversees full cycle of talent management activities, including effective recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training and development and succession planning;
- Drives strategic workforce planning in partnership with management to ensure the right people in the right roles at the right time, to achieve business goals and growth strategies;
- Addresses employee concerns. Understands, from an employee perspective, what is and is not working; solicits feedback, ensures issues are addressed and facilitates changes and improvements, as appropriate, to drive employee engagement and shape organizational culture;
- Serve as the HRIS and Benefits Administration system lead within the HR team; responsible for accurate employee data and record keeping through systems management as well as relative corporate metrics reporting, partnering with Accounting on payroll related requirements as needed;
- Through daily practice, ongoing management and audit, ensures compliance with company policies, best practices and federal, state and local employment laws and regulations;
- Develops, coaches and mentors colleagues at all organizational levels through analyzing situations, identifying appropriate action steps and providing appropriate support for decision making;
- Anticipates human resource issues, concerns, and needs based on business strategies and internal and external environmental and competitive factors;
- Challenges the status quo and â€œpushes backâ€ when appropriate;
- Mitigates risk and enhances culture through effective management of employee relations and administration of policies;
- Leads and participates in other projects as needed, including cross functional and corporate/global HR initiatives.
What you’ll bring to the table:
Education & General Work Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources or business-related discipline, advanced degree or HRCI/SHRM certification preferred;
- At least 5 years supporting ambitious organizations in an HR generalist role or in multiple HR disciplines including employee relations, compliance, compensation & benefits and HRIS management;
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment;
- Experience working in multi-site and/or global operations preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and intermediate to advanced proficiency with HRIS/data management tools;
Technical/Functional Skills & Experience:
- In-depth working knowledge of HR fundamentals, best practices, and applicable legal compliance topics;
- A passion for supporting people on their journey to being fully engaged at work, that is to say connected to our mission, working hard and having fun while doing it!
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate company culture and ability to enhance existing and develop new HR strategies and programs that support and impact the companyâ€™s goals;
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated proficiency in organizational, analytical, conceptual, problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to sift through complicated business issues and communicate the audience-appropriate aspects in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrated ability and experience advising and influencing executives, employees and stakeholders at all organizational levels, providing insights that lead to key decision making within the business; Exposure to process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. preferred;
Demonstrated Behavioral Skills:
- Sincere dedication to the best interests of the company, its customers, employees and stakeholders;
- Willingness and ability to champion and enforce company procedures, standards and policies and to maintain utmost confidentiality in handling sensitive company and employee information;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop direct reports and mentor/coach colleagues;
- Strong bias for action, a sense of urgency and the ability to drive results in a matrix organization;
- Concern for quality, accuracy, and safety and ability to foster those traits among employees;
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, flexible and high growth environment;
- Superior service responsiveness and rapid follow-up ability;
- Willingness to get the job done, which to us means flexibility that sometimes requires working extended hours or travel as needed for company business, up to but typically no more than 10%.
Whatâ€™s In It For Youâ€¦
The total rewards that you receive as a CDC employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and wellness insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a global organization, youâ€™ll have a
chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Continental Disc Corporation has 50+ yearsâ€™ experience engineering and manufacturing rupture discs, valves and flame control products that protect the lives of our customers and our environment. We attribute our success to our commitment to growth, quality and innovation. We encourage members of the CDC team to support our efforts toward continuous improvement. We value and celebrate the teamâ€™s efforts to move our company forward through incremental advances and breakthrough achievements.
The Fine Print
Relocation | We are currently only accepting local candidates for this position.
Work Authorization | CDC is proud to be a drug free workplace. No calls or agencies, please. CDC is an ITAR employer, we will only consider candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer| As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CDC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.