SALARY:Â $38,833.60 – $45,676.80/year
OPENING DATE:Â 02/21/2021 CLOSING DATE:Â 03/12/2021
Due to a recent promotion, we have an opportunity for you to work where you play! For more than 60 years, the Johnson County Park & Recreation District (JCPRD) has been enhancing the lives of the citizens of Johnson County through its parks, quality programs, professionalism, and response to developing trends. We are a Gold Medal Award winning agency looking for a career-minded, dynamic individual to join our expanding Human Resources team. Even if you’ve never worked in the public sector, come see why many of our employees say they’ve never experienced a “LESS political work environment” than the one they enjoy at JCPRD. Our employees are passionate about what they do and it shows in everything we do.
Looking to start, transition into or grow your career in the Human Resources field? Then this may be the opportunity for you. You’ll be part of a dynamic HR Team dedicated to supporting a highly engaged work force of over 1200 regular and seasonal employees.
The HR Assistant provides general administrative and special project support to the Human Resources department, touching on all components of the department including benefits, employee relations, recruitment, policy revision, pension administration, training and legal compliance with employment regulations. The successful applicant will be cross trained on all key functions within the areas referenced above so as to be able to perform essential duties on behalf of other employees in times of high volume or absences.
We offer an employee benefits package that’s unparalleled in the industry, including three health plan options, two of which had employee premiums reduced by 2% for 2021 with no plan design changes. We also contribute $1,000 to an HSA for employees who opt for our High Deductible Health Plan. We offer a competitive salary, pension, 457 plan with a 3% employer match, sick disability pay, education reimbursement and free or discounted access to many of our programs and facilities, plus much more.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years general office experience
- Attention to detail.
- Computer software experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products; Oracle Payroll/HRIS system is a plus but not required.
- Basic mathematical and accounting skills.
- Human relations/Interpersonal skills.
- Written communication skills, including business writing, report writing, summarizing, and editing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Project management skills, including organization, coordination of duties and/or accomplishment of goals
- Time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
Preferred education, experience and skills include:
- Analytical skills, including research skills, ability to interpret data, ability to conceptualize, ability to analyze information, and ability to communicate recommendations based on findings.
- Keyboarding ability.
- Oral communication skills, including presentations to groups of varying sizes
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Faith Eissler, Recruiter/Volunteer Coordinator atÂ email@example.com