About nbkc bank
nbkc isnâ€™t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better. We have been recognized as one of Kansas Cityâ€™s top employers. Just as our take on banking is far from traditional, so are the benefits of growing your career here at nbkc bank. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work, onsite fitness center, meditation/yoga studio, game and arcade rooms on every floor and a state-of the-art work space. You think thatâ€™s cool, stay awhile and you will love the benefit of a 4-week
paid sabbatical after your 10-year anniversary to go live boldly.
As the Director of Training and Development, you will play a critical role to the organization and will help create the vision, strategy and plan for how we develop our employees towards our vision of being a great company with great people. At nbkc, you will have the opportunity to work with great people on great projects, making an impact on day ONE!
What youâ€™ll do
- Own the development of the company training strategy, working with department leadership to prioritize training initiatives including professional development, culture assessments, train the trainer sessions and provide an untethered, on-demand learning experience.
- Partner with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure effective training design, development, implementation and feedback loops.
- Conduct needs analyses, assist with talent reviews, conduct employee engagement surveys, create a framework for career development, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) resource to recommend organizational development tools and practices.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of leadership development programs and other talent initiatives.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Actively participate in-group and individual coaching sessions to challenge thinking and build critical skills helping leaders balance inspiration with accountability.
- Ensure scalability of delivery model through development of technology and train the trainer approach.
Ideal candidates will have leadership experience in Organizational Development, Change Management and Training.
What youâ€™ll bring
- 10+ years progressive related experience including Organization Development, Organization Effectiveness, Human Resources, Training and Development and/or consulting in a large corporate environment.
- 5+ yearâ€™s progressive experience leading a corporate training and development team. Experience in designing, developing, and facilitating training solutions and materials including eLearning, instructor-led training (ILT) and micro learning.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility.
How to apply:
Check out https://www.nbkc.com/careers and review the full job description and apply by clicking here.