Rockhurst University is in search of a Director of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing Human Resources services to all levels of Rockhurst University including overseeing employment, employee relations, training and development, performance improvement, compensation and benefits, organizational development, and the HCM systems.
Since 1910, Rockhurst University has been the Kansas City Catholic, Jesuit university that employs the ideals of finding God in all things, reflection, and discernment as well as care of the person in all its programs, policies, and interactions. Rockhurst University is situated on a 55-acre campus in Kansas City, Missouri with a staff of 500 full-and part-time employees and serves more than 4,000 students per year.
The Director of Human Resources reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Key responsibilities include:
- Direct a comprehensive employment program including full cycle recruitment, new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Manage the compensation program to include working with managers to establish pay rates, overseeing the goal setting and performance appraisal process, and the development, implementation and administration of all welfare benefit and defined benefit plans.
- Engage in the employee relations function including the writing and interpretation of human resource policy and the resolution of conflicts.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal employment related legislation.
- Develop, plan, implement and coordinate employee, management, and organizational development activities to increase individual skills, and ensure an effective management team.
- Serve as a member of the Finance Department’s senior staff, participating on appropriate University committees and with external organizations supporting the general administration and specifically the needs and perspectives of the Human Resources office.
- Supervise the activities and development of the Human Resources team.
- Ensure appropriate fiscal management of the Human Resources Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required. Master’s degree and/or professional certification strongly preferred.
- 8+ years’ progressive experience in Human Resources, preferably in organizations with more than 500 employees.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing & implementing human resources training programs.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills with Office products and human resources applications.
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity.
Formal interest accepted here or direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Stacey Cowan, Senior Search Consultant – SCowan@omnihrm.com | 913-653-8085
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.