Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a growing community? Â Or, perhaps you are looking for the chance to innovate and collaborate to improve the experience for employees. Â If you are a human resources professional looking for the opportunity to make a difference, serve others in a team environment, and be part of leading the culture of an organization towards the future and a premiere employee experience, look no further! Â This is the opportunity for you!
Â At the City of Olathe, Kansas we are “Setting the Standard for Excellence in Public Service”, our organizational culture is centered around the values of Customer Service, Teamwork, Learning, Communication, and Leadership through Service. Â The City of Olathe offers our staff a cooperative and empowered work atmosphere and paid professional development training. The City of Olathe believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Â
The Compensation Program Manager works as a part of the Human Resources team within the Exceptional Services Focus Area which strategically focuses on leading the internal and external customer services for the City of Olathe. Â The City of Olathe is seeking a forward thinking, strategic, and innovative classification, compensation, and total rewards expert to serve as the subject matter expert in the design and maintenance of compensation programs. Â This position is a key member of the HR Team and will work closely with HR Business Partners, HR Managers, the Benefits Program Manager, the Senior Data & Reporting Specialist, other members of the HR team, and a variety of City-wide leaders, including executives. Â This position reports to the Assistant HR Director. Join us and help “Set the Standard for Excellence in Public Service.
For more details regarding the position as well as the position qualifications, you can check out the details below.
- Classification and Compensation Program Management: Oversees the administration of job classification and compensation programs including job descriptions, pay structures, market salary review, job assessments, FLSA reviews, workforce optimization, and total rewards strategy; works in partnership with City leaders and other HR professionals to design and/or maintain related programs that address organizational needs and trends in a variety of specialty areas; communicates with employees of all levels in the organization with the intent of providing exceptional customer services, educating and informing others in relevant areas of expertise.
- Strategic Planning: Completes research and makes recommendations as part of strategic planning efforts in the areas of total compensation, job classification, workforce optimization, and compliance with federal, state, and local laws as well as organizational priorities, practices and policies; collects data and input from employees to help inform decisions; collaborates, partners, and leads others to ensure a good understanding of where classification and compensation intersect with other programs and initiatives.
- Customer Service: Responds to and proactively identifies employee concerns and challenges pertaining to job design, organizational structure, and total compensation programs; escalates situations that arise and require assistance from others; handles questions and inquiries for general human resources topics as well as relevant areas of expertise; supports work teams with coordination of specialty compensation programs, such as career progression, market analysis, incentives, and a wide variety of compensation strategies that address unique needs in a variety of different departments, focus areas, and industries.
- Technology: Oversees and manages a variety of processes that requires transactions and data entry into other systems which is completed by others in HR; completes research to identify technology solutions that improve accuracy, efficiency, or introduce innovation that meets identified needs; participates in the process of implementing new solutions or changes often by serving as a leader in managing the transition or managing projects of varying scope.
- Data, Reports, & Performance Measures: Uses data to provides routine and ad hoc reports, performance measures, and analysis regarding areas of opportunity and trends in a variety of HR areas, particularly total compensation and employee retention.
- Professional Development & Employee Training: Creates and conducts employee training on a variety of specialized topics; works with communications, consultants, and other resources to showcase total rewards in a way that attracts applicants to employment with the City; provides instruction and resources to other HR employees that may need to support employees with classification and compensation questions and related activities.
- Special Projects: Leads or participates in special projects that may require research and analysis while working in collaboration with other subject matter experts and stakeholders.
Experience & Education
Five (5) or more years of experience participating in or leading classification and compensation program design and maintenance, including market studies, job assessments, and workforce strategy supporting a variety of job types or industries is required. Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, creativity, and problem-solving skills are also required. Experience working in public sector is preferred.
A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or other related field of study is required. Education can be substituted with four (4) additional years of directly related experience in the design and maintenance of classification and compensation programs.Supplemental Information
Background screening, physical, and drug test required.
How to Apply: