Job Description Summary
This role is to provide strategic HR oversight, coaching, guidance and support to assigned business units and Blue KC leaders and employees on all matters regarding the management and development of talent. This position drives, initiates and results as a strategic business partner by interfacing with all levels of leadership and associates, as well as providers of human resource services for Talent Acquisition, Management and Development, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS. This position serves as a subject matter expert and provides specialized expertise in several complex human resources functional areas.
- Builds effective working relationships with business leaders to help drive positive business results.
- Develop and execute on initiatives to improve processes and implement best practices.
- Leads discussions to ensure employee skills, competencies and experience align with the roles that meet the needs of the business.
- Partner with leaders and recruiting to bring top diversified talent into the organization including developing staffing, hiring plans and onboarding.
- Leverages an understanding of business needs and business acumen to coach and advise business leaders regarding HR and broader business issues to maximize both organizational and individual performance, advising on performance improvement plans, counseling plans and appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Lead investigations and resolve claims of harassment, discrimination, and other perceived and/ or real associate complaints; handling all employee relations issues in scope.
- Diagnose Human Resources related needs within functions and help leader develop and execute on Human Capital Plans.
- Strategically provides high level guidance to mitigate enterprise-wide legal risk pertaining to employee issues.
- Monitor and respond to associate concerns/ attitudes and ensure fair, consistent and effective application of policies and procedures for all associates.
- Drives initiatives and ensures state and government regulatory compliance adherence.
- Manage talent management process, including performance management and succession and talent development plans for all functions.
- Conduct leadership development training and team-building activities to key stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Identify leadership development and training needs and partner closely with Learning and Development to execute solutions.
- Lead and execute implementation of employee surveys and appropriate action plans to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Lead key talent initiatives and projects to elevate talent, employee engagement and culture.
- Direct systems activities between HRIS, Finance, leaders and employees.
- Facilitates compensation solutions as necessary to attract and retain top talent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources or must have PHR certification as a minimum requirement.
- Minimum of 10 years of Human Capital Management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years Employee Relations experience.
- Prior human resource employment in a large, domestic or international customer service focused company.
- High level of customer service orientation mindset.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in written work.
- Superb skill in multitasking, project management and change management skills.
- Must be able to collaborate and problem solve with business leaders at all levels with strong positive attitude.
- Ability to build relationships and gain trust with leaders and employees at all levels of business functions.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills and ability to analyze: situations, context, possible outcomes, liability, and prior precedent to identify optimal course of action.
- Ability to act as a sounding board, ask thought provoking questions when appropriate, to help others explore and evaluate options without judgment and ability to question practices and decisions.
- Advanced degree
- SPHR Certification