UMKC, one of four of the University of Missouri campuses, is a doctoral research-intensive public university offering traditional and interdisciplinary programs and serving over 16,000 students.Â The
University is well positioned to address the demands of the times in a dynamic city that deserves and requires the benefits that accrue from a strong public university. The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and multiculturalism and strives to
create a welcoming environment where faculty and staff feel valued for their contribution.Â The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for students and the University. UMKC is proud to be one of this regionâ€™s premier institutions of higher education. Our people are the
most valuable asset in our quest to become a model urban research university characterized by signature graduate and professional programs, a dynamic undergraduate population, a highly diverse faculty, staff and student body, and active engagement with its city and region.
Our Human Resources team is growing again! UMKC has a unique opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner. As an HR Business Partner, you will have a key role on the Human Resources team. You will act as an interface between the College, Schools and Divisions and The Office of Human Resources. Your role will be to provide high quality, business focused and strategic level advice, guidance and support to the Dean, Vice Chancellor and their management team. You will assist in the
execution of HR programs and processes relative to employee relations, recruitment and selection, compensation administration, training, benefits administration, client relationship management and special projects. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the primary departmental resource for counsel and application of employment policies and procedures and coordinates payroll and employment activities.
- Liaises with HR, on such matters but not limited to: recruitment, leaves of absence, transfers, reclassifications, rehires, progressive discipline, terminations, annual performance appraisals,
- compensation and classification
- Understands goals, objectives and priorities of assigned College, School or Division; identifying how HR can support and help drive business and organizational goals
- Uses data to help identify areas for improvement and drive progress
- Implements, communicates and ensures compliance with Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Coaches and guides managers within the College, School or Division; assisting and enabling them to understand the implications of issues and to make solid, quality decisions with regard to HR issues
- Advises managers on employee relations matters such as coaching employee behavior and progressive discipline, referring to senior management when appropriate and consulting with HR when appropriate.
- Participates in disciplinary procedures and develops appropriate supporting documents, including investigations and related summaries
- Maintains electronic and physical employment files and updates them in real time to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Assists in conducting new employee on-boarding in College, School or Division. Supporting and monitoring career development and assists with training needs and expectations
- Attends and participates in regular HR meetings, communicating important HR-related updates and information in a timely and transparent manner
A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources or related field
5 years of HR generalist experience
Successful applicants will have strong business and HR acumen, with the ability to provide professional and compliant feedback to all levels of the university including Executive and Senior staff. Applicants should have experience using data to drive decisions, a demonstrated ability to collaborate in an effective, positive manner with mangers and individual contributors in a team environment, and a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
$47,476 – $57,000, commensurate with experience and education
How to Apply
Apply online at www.umkc.edu/jobs Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.