Job ID #46
The City of Overland Park has an HRIS/Payroll Specialist position available in the Human Resources Department. The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, must be a team player, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional lead in all human resources information system (HRIS) related issues.
- Coordinates, oversees and implements special projects for the human resources information system (HRIS).
- Analyzes business processes, identifies alternatives, assesses costs vs. benefits, recommends and implements appropriate solutions.
- Acts as the functional specialist in numerous HR areas to include payroll, FMLA, budget and finance.
- Act as the HRIS training administrator. Responsible for processing a minimum of four payrolls during the year, as well as processing payroll in the absence of the payroll coordinator.
- Responsible for overseeing HRIS security. Develop and administer train-the-trainer program for HRIS end user and self-service applications.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business administration, personnel management, or a related field of study; or an equivalent combination of work experience and formal education.
- Five years experience in HRIS/payroll systems with a focus on HRIS applications.
- Must also be familiar in developing ad hoc reports using a report writer and query tools. Must have entry-level programming experience in Query/SQL.
- Five years working knowledge of complex automated payroll system and accounting and record keeping experience, and two years experience with state and federal tax reporting procedures, or equivalent levels of experience.
No City residency requirement. Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri. $55,482.34-69,352.92 annually. Open until filled.
How to Apply:
Apply online, attach a resume, cover letter and view your online application at www.opkansas.org. If unable to apply online, visit the HR Office between 1 p.m.-4 p.m., M-F.