Our Benefits Team is seeking a Benefits and Wellbeing Analyst II who can assist with process design, improvements, and documentation, as well as vendor management and to provide subject matter expertise to help educate our employees on the benefits and wellbeing offerings at Terracon. To support your work/life balance, this is a hybrid opportunity with the ability to work from home four days per week. Human Resources gets together in-office each Tuesday to make connections and collaborate.
As part of the Benefits & Wellbeing team, analyze and administer benefit programs and maintain HR-related systems. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of Benefits such as benefit administration, maintaining vendor and employee relationships, coordinating interface files, as well as maintaining standard operating procedures.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research, plan and execute benefit programs and initiatives.
- Provide benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees and managers and present information to inform and educate management.
- Assist with developing benefits & wellbeing branding, design, and utilization of communication tools to increase awareness of the benefit & wellbeing offerings, including intranet pages, creative email, and other communication campaigns.
- Partner with IT and HRIS to develop, test and implement electronic interface files and feeds including benefit eligibility files.
- Review and update plan documents, enrollment materials, policies, and ongoing educational materials.
- Prepare and provide ongoing audit support for annual compliance filings such as ACA, 5500, PCORI.
- Identify, troubleshoot and partner with HRIS team on system issues involving benefits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners, third party administrators and other vendors.
- Partner with team members to build and document workflows and procedures for benefits & wellbeing programs.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience. Or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ experience.
- Knowledgeable about one or more HR platforms and capabilities including Oracle and ADP.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, Section 125, Worker’s Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
SHRM or HRCI certification